The Blackstone River Watershed Association is fortunate to have many partners that help the organization be successful in its mission. Valued collaborators include:
- Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation, specifically the staff at Blackstone River and Canal Heritage State Park, our home base;
- Blackstone River Coalition, an umbrella organization that brings together like minded groups to collaborate for improved conditions in the Watershed;
- John H. Chafee Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor, which provides technical and financial assistance for programs and events;
- Sister watershed organizations—the Blackstone River Headwaters Coalition and the Blackstone River Watershed Council/Friends of the Blackstone.
- Blackstone Canal Conservancy, a voluntary group whose purpose is to educate the public about the Blackstone Canal and to work towards the preservation of its remains, which are quite extensive.
- The Division of Ecological Restoration works with local, state, and federal partners to promote and establish policies that protect and restore valuable riverine and watershed resources.
We also value our partnerships with community entities, such as Alternatives Unlimited Inc. Alternatives Unlimited is committed to providing community life opportunities for people with disabilities. The BRWA works with Alternatives on several initiatives including the popular Earth Day Cleanup and Family Fun Fishing Day for which Alternatives recognized BRWA with a Community Bridging Award.